We’ll be awarding 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for Open Men, Open Women, Novice Men and Novice Women by Sinclair. We’re also looking for the BEST SINGLET of the weekend – which is an award sponsored by Skins compression gear (winner will get a $50 Skins gift card). We’re excited to see some ridiculous singlets, so remember to bring a sense of humor!
A few notes for anyone that’s visiting us for the first time:
1) Liberty Barbell Club/CrossFit Center City is located on Chestnut Street between 12th and 13th Streets, in the basement of the Adelphia Building. You’ll see our doorway to the left of the UPS store – it has a gigantic bright orange CrossFit Center City logo, so it’s pretty hard to miss. All lifters, please check in at our front desk at the bottom of the stairs. SPECTATORS ARE WELCOME! We’re accepting any donations for spectator tickets, but there is no official entry fee for spectators – they must sign a quick waiver though.
2) Keep in mind that traffic in Center City is generally a problem on the weekends, with numerous events scheduled throughout the city that often result in streets closing and parking being tough to find. We recommend that you leave plenty of extra time to get here and if at all possible, avoid driving entirely if you can. We are within three blocks of Market East Regional Rail station, PATCO’s 13th Street stop and the Market Frankford El’s 13th Street stop. There are garages located all around us. We absolutely 100% do not recommend trying to find metered parking. You will get ticketed if you aren’t vigilant in feeding the meter every 2 hours, because PPA is constantly on the prowl, and nobody wants that.
3) Food options are numerous and close to us…some of our favorites are Grocery, Chipotle, Rice & Mix, Aki Sushi, and the street lamb cart at 13th and Chestnut. Otherwise ask any of us for recommendations, and we’ll be happy to point you in the right direction!
4) We’re equipped with locker rooms, showers and towels that competitors are welcome to use. We also have foam rollers, lacrosse balls, etc that are available for use, just help us out by putting away anything you take out.
5) If you’re able to stick around after your session and help load, please email firstname.lastname@example.org – we could definitely use the extra hands!
6) For the purposes of this weekend, we have ask that our canine friends stay home. We are a small facility and there will be a lot going on, a lot of people here, and a lot of weights dropping. Thanks for your cooperation!
Remember, don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or issues.