Athlete Profiles: Dave Murray
Dave and Musical Log from Erin Davidson on Vimeo.
1. When you’re not in “Superman” mode, what’s your Clark Kent job?
Freelance trombonist, play with the Baltimore Symphony and also perform in Philly.
2. How did you find out about CrossFit and why did you decide to do it? Found out about it through the tuba player with the National Symphony in Washington DC. Carol (my fiancee) was looking for an exercise program to get in shape for our wedding. She went with him to a CFCC class and came back totally stoked. Initially I thought she was nuts but decided to try it and got hooked on it. Now we go around telling everyone about it and showing off our crazy skillz!!
3. What’s one specific personal record you’d like to reach through CrossFit and when do you want to reach it by? See this table for more ideas.
I want to build my endurance through workouts so I take fewer rests.
4. Favorite CrossFit moment so far?
Getting my first deadhang pullups. I never thought I would ever be able to do them and then did two in a row!! Seeing steady progress makes makes all of the work and pain worthwhile.
5. Favorite place to get a meal in Philly?
Nachos (con carnitas) at Jose Pistolas. So effin’ good…..