Athlete Profiles: Mike Price
Mike “Semper Sand” Price – a noon session natural chews the fat.
1. When you’re not in “Superman” mode, what’s your Clark Kent job?
2. How did you find out about CrossFit and why did you decide to do it?
A friend of mine discovered Crossfit in Iraq and told me about it nearly a year ago. In January, I realized that my love handles and my waistline were expanding rapidly and that sooner or later I would have to address the hourglass figure that I was developing (curves on a guy just aren’t in style these days). I was drawn to Crossfit because of its ever changing workouts and the challenge that each workout presented. So I quit smoking, diverted the cash that I would have spent on cigarettes into a Crossfit membership, and made a commitment to my health.
3. What’s one specific personal record you’d like to reach through CrossFit and when do you want to reach it by? See this table for more ideas.
I really want to hit 20 dead hang pull-ups before August 1st. Oh yeah, I’d also like to find out if I have abs under this fat shirt that I wear to workouts everyday.
4. Favorite CrossFit moment so far?
My favorite CrossFit moment changes everyday. Everyday, I do something better than before or I surprise myself by doing something that I thought I would never be able to do.
5. Favorite place to get a meal in Philly
Sadly, I am only familiar with the Jefferson Campus . This is embarrassing because I grew up 20 minutes from Philly and I know next to nothing about it. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.