FALL IS HERE!
THE FIRST DAY OF OUR NEW FALL SCHEDULE IS HERE!
All week we’ll be helping you out by posting new classes here with their descriptions so that you’ll know how they might be useful to you. To view the full schedule at CFCC in an easy format, go here.
That said, don’t forget to mark your calendars with a few reminders for the season:
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 8th, 2-4pm, NUTRITION SEMINAR. Sign up on MINDBODY. This is FREE for members and a MUST for anyone looking to participate in the Fall Body Composition Change Challenge.
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 8th, 5-7pm, WELCOME and CONGRATS POTLUCK for Danny and Liz (see below). Bring anything you want – just make sure it’s labelled!
- SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 9th, Registration for the hookgrip Classic closes.
- SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th – the BCCC officially begins. The whole week before this measurements will be being taken – email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
- SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd, the hookgrip Classic, Liberty Barbell Club’s first in-house USAW sanctioned meet! Space is limited – sign up now!
- SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20th, Moorestown Olympic Lifting Meet.
- SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21st, CROSSFIT TOTAL DAY
More fall fun to be announced soon!
Some changes are in store for CFCC and while we are SO excited for Danny’s arrival on this WEDNESDAY, we are sad to say that we are losing Liz to an absolutely AWESOME job opportunity at Jefferson! She will still be around and training by your sides – but we wanted to give her the chance to tell you all what’s been up in her life lately. Liz will be coaching with us until the end of September, when Ave will take up the call and begin a new Endurance schedule for CFCC. If you haven’t been to CrossFit Endurance yet – make it your goal to get there this month!
A few weeks ago, I accepted a full-time position at Jefferson Hospital as an Occupational Therapist in acute care. I am very excited about this opportunity and want to thank you all for encouraging and supporting me during this process. I plan to start this position in October, after taking my licensing exam in September.
September will also be my last month as a coach at CFCC. It has been my privilege to witness your greatness and guts every week in classes. You continually impress and inspire me with your ability to push yourself to be even better than you were the week before. I experienced your desire to be great regardless of our surroundings at CFCC. I will always remember those epic sandbag struggles in the old space! KD and I came to CFCC when there less than 20 members for our first WOD. From my very first class, I was impressed by the gym’s commitment to standards, form, and excellence and was honored to be a
part of such a special place.
I remember the first time I gave feedback as a coach-in-training. The class was squatting, and I think we ran about 45 minutes over! The members were so supportive about my journey towards becoming a coach and I will be forever grateful for your patience. I also remember the first endurance class at CFCC. It was probably the biggest endurance class to date and I still have pictures of you all bunny-hopping your way down wooden Camac Street. Once the weather changed during the hobbit-hole days, we made our way inside and to the treadmills. Your flexibility and dedication to proper Pose was impressive and you learned a lot of those treadmills! Jack and Tony then ran the first marathons after CFE exclusive training and I was so proud of them!
Today, a LOT of work happens on a daily basis at CFCC and it is amazing how you all are dedicated to making yourself a little better everyday. I love supporting you in your progress towards your goals. Thank you for giving me that chance. I plan to continue to train beside you and to be just as impressed by your daily performance as ever!