Please remember that this SATURDAY (tomorrow) we’ll have a slightly different schedule happening because the Coaches are going here to learn how to be better Coaches! We will also not have classes on Sunday, and Running will be cancelled early on Monday morning. All other classes (including those on Monday) are as regularly scheduled.
If you haven’t seen it yet – you should definitely know what we’re doing this cycle so you can get the MOST out of it! Remember, if you have any questions about how to tailor this cycle to your goals, you can email me: email@example.com
Here’s the long-awaited TOTAL video! I’m so sorry it’s so long, but there was so much good film that I just couldn’t bear to shorten it… feel free to skip around but a LOT of you were there and a LOT of you are featured! I’m also sorry it’s not better quality but you’d NEVER see it if I tried to put that up. Thanks for making this past Sunday AMAZING!
SELF-MYOFASCIAL RELEASE: Lax Ball Feet and Glutes, 5 minutes. Shoulders, 3 minutes.
DYNAMIC WARM-UP: Get into a team of 3 (that you will use later) and complete a cycle for a few rounds of: 5 explosive wallballs (attempt to hit the ceiling if you can), a couple pulls on the erg (until your first partner is done with their wallballs), and handstand hold practice (until it’s your turn to rotate). Keep yourselves in 3 different stations for 5 minutes.
EOMOM: For 14 minutes (7 total sets) complete a set of 5 Thrusters at the start of every interval.
- Begin with at least half of your press max on the bar.
- So, if my max press is 110lbs., I will begin at 55lbs.
- From there, go up in increments of 10-20% of your press.
- Once you are above 90% of your press you MUST go up in 5-10% increments.
- If you fail a set you may repeat it but you may NOT move up in weight.
- You may back down in weight or repeat a set at any time.
- First set at 50% of Press (110lbs.) = 55lbs.
- Second set at 65% (+15%) of Press = 71.5lbs (I can round to 73lbs. with a ladies bar or keep it 70lbs. if I have a men’s bar).
- Third set at 80% (+15%) of Press = 88lbs. (I can use this exactly with a ladies bar or go to 90lbs. if I have a men’s bar).
- Fourth set at 90% (let’s say that 88lbs. was getting a little rough and I decide to take a slightly smaller jump) of Press = 99lbs. (I can use 98lbs on a ladies bar or round to 100lbs. if I have a men’s bar.)
- Fifth set at 95% (because let’s say that 90% was tough) = 104.5lbs. (I can round up to 105lbs. with a men’s bar or down to 103lbs. with a ladies bar).
- Sixth set at 95% = 104.5lbs. – let’s say I just decide to repeat here because the previous set was very messy.
- Seventh set at 100% (Let’s say the second try at 104.5lbs. was much better and I feel confident with a 5% jump, or 100% of my press x 5 thrusters) = 110lbs. (with a men’s bar, easy to make, with a ladies’ bar, I can scale down to 108lbs.)
- This is an example of a very conservative layout for someone with a 110lb. max press. I would expect that MANY of you can go to at least 100-105% of your max press for a set of 5 thrusters as long as your form is SOLID. If you need to do less than this though – you should feel 100% ok with that!
AMRAP in 10 minutes: In your teams of three, for a total cumulative score of WALLBALLS. Get into three stations: ROW, REST, WALLBALL. While one partner is rowing 250m, one partner rests, and one partner completes as many wallballs as possible – when the partner who is rowing has finished 250m the whole team shifts stations… and so on and so forth for 10 minutes.