ROWING, with Ave, 530pm.
HYBRID/ADVANCED OLY, with Jim, 530-730pm.
FOUNDATIONS with Sammy, at 630pm.
ADVANCED OLY with Jim, 730-930pm.
GYMNASTICS with Sammy, 730pm.
CROGA with Tim, 830pm.
Thanksgiving is THIS week!
Please keep in mind that our schedule this week is a little bit different. Thursday, we will have one GINORMOUS session at 10am, and one Hybrid/Advanced Oly session from 9-11am. Friday, Danny will be coaching a noon, 330pm, 430pm, and 530pm. Jim will be coaching one Hybrid/Advanced Oly session at 530-730pm. Please plan your training accordingly and sign up early!
ALSO, since this IS the season of bringing your friends to try CrossFit… some reminders about our drop-in policy:
- If your friends have not done CrossFit at some point in their lives at an affiliate for at least 3 months, they cannot drop-in – period. We do this to protect you from having inexperienced folks in your class that distract from your training but we also do this for the SAFETY of your friend and the integrity of the CrossFit brand.
- If your friends HAVE been doing CrossFit at an affiliate (whether in Philly or not) for at least 3 months they can DEFINITELY attend but we need at least 24 hours notice from a Coach confirming that they are clear to perform the olympic lifts and have had 3 months of experience (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- As of today, we will no longer be requiring a drop-in fee. Yep, that’s right! As long as you are a CrossFitter, and you know your stuff, we are more than happy to have you.
- Drop-ins are NEVER allowed to do anything but a “workout of the day” session – this means, no Open Gym, no rowing on your own in a corner, and ALL specialized sessions except for CROGA are members only. We do this so that we are able to fully invest in members that are fully investing in us AND, because most of these specialized sessions involve very small groups of athletes that are often receiving certain types of programming that are completely specific to them.
- Occasionally during the summer we do have “bring a friend” sessions – this is a great time to invite your friends to come out for a great workout and a taste of CrossFit. They’ll be capable of all the movements, have fun, and be able to see what you do on a weekly basis.
- Lastly, if you think this is bad: check this out. We are a very industrious affiliate working with a very limited amount of space in a very popular city: what we sincerely want is the BEST that we can do for our members and, for our Coaches. For this reason, PLEASE contact us directly about ANY questions you might have about friends that you would like to experience CrossFit: we don’t mind people watching, personal training sessions are ALWAYS available, and besides all that, our Elements Class runs regularly and is a GREAT gift.
MOVEMENT PREP: Foam Roll as needed, for 3 minutes. Then, complete: Wall Hip Flexor Mob, 8 Pulses per side. Supine Bridge + reach, 6 per side. Yoga Push-up, 8 reps. Spiderman with Hip Lift and Overhead Reach, 5 per side. Then, Wall-Assisted Overhead Squats, complete 7 rounds of 5 second holds in the bottom position.
STRENGTH: Back Squat, up to a set of 5 as a peak. Then, complete 3 sets of 10 reps at 80-85% of your set of 5 for today. Rest no more than two minutes between your efforts.
3 Rounds of: 2 minutes on/1 minute off:
Front Squat (95/65), 10 reps
Burpees, 10 reps
*Record your score for each round. The goal is to attempt to go “ALL OUT” on each round.