Classes tomorrow will be: 10am WOD, 11am Intro to Oly Lifting, 12pm WOD, 1pm Oly Lifting Spec. Bring your snatchin’ shoes!
Posture and Stability: Single Leg Squat Holds, 1 minute each leg
Power Snatch, up to a peak set of 2.
Then, on the minute every minute for 12 minutes: 2 power snatches at slightly less than peak weight. Your second rep will be immediately followed by 2 overhead squats.
Intro to Oly Lifting:
- Skill Work: Overhead Squat
- Strength: Power Clean, moving from the hang to the floor
Oly Lifting Spec:
- Introduction to the Burgener Warm-up
- Two-position Power Clean, 6 x 2 @ 85% of max
- Snatch Pulls, 6 x 2 @ 115% of max
Have you been intermittent fasting for a little while now? What advantages or disadvantages are you feeling from this change in behavior? Post to comments!
4 Advantages of Intermittent Fasting from PANU:
Advantages of infrequent meals:
1) Enhanced metabolic training in the direction of fat metabolism
2) Lower insulin levels and fewer insulin related diseases (Metabolic syndrome, degenerative diseases, Alzheimer’s, common cancers)
3) Greater tolerance for fasting makes it easier to tolerate not eating – this give you “metabolic headroom” -it makes you more functional and resilient – You are a Porsche with a 40 gallon gas tank instead of a truck running on lead acid batteries.
4) If you exercise while fasting, the lack of insulin in the fasting state improves the fat-mobilizing and insulin-sensitizing benefits of the exercise.
Some interesting thoughts on competing from Ben Bergeron, host of the Beasts of the East, from CrossFit New England.
My training at 39, from Robb Wolf, a great example of looking at the whole picture.
10 Superbowl Recipes from Hayley and Bill.
Many thanks to those of you who helped us welcome Jay today!