RUNNING with Ave at 7am.
ONE HOUR OLY with Sammy at 12pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm.
ROWING with Ave at 530pm.
Don’t forget to sign up for The CrossFit Total! (look under “Seminars”)
We are also hosting a seminar by our very own Annie Stone on Saturday, October 13th, from 12-2pm. Sign up under “seminars”!
Total fitness includes body, mind and spirit. Your thoughts can either contribute to your health, well-being and success, or contribute to your frustration, stress and dissatisfaction. Proper “thinking push-ups” can create neuro pathways that can build new thought “muscles” to bypass old and unhelpful ones. When the right thoughts are at work, our minds have the capacity to support us in our life’s goals and create a life that is truly extraordinary. What thought muscles would you rather be strengthening – the ones that build your body, mind, relationships, and career or the same old ones that have been getting you nowhere? Physical push-ups transform your body, but well-targeted mental push-ups can transform your life. Come and learn all about them with our very own Annie Stone.
SELF-MYOFASCIAL RELEASE: Lax Ball Glutes, Lower Leg, Feet, 5 minutes.
DYNAMIC WARM-UP: For about a minute, cat camel… then if you are first to the row, row 300m – if you are not rowing then complete hip swings and leg swings. If you are first to the row – get off the erg and complete hip swings and leg swings until everyone is through with rowing.
ACTIVATION: Broad Jump, 5 attempts at a peak. Record your attempt on our Broad Jump sheets!
STRENGTH: Deadlift – BASED entirely on your Broad Jump, and will be for the REST of the cycle until PEAK WEEK.
- If you jump ANYWHERE ABOVE your best Broad Jump – you will complete 6-8 singles at 90% of your best Deadlift (of course, lesson the percentage with any loss of speed right at 90%).
- If you jump between 95-100% of your best Broad Jump – you will attempt to complete 4-6 sets of triples with 85% of your best Deadlift (of course, lesson the percentage with any loss of speed right at 85%).
- If you jump less than 95%, you will complete 3-4 sets of 5 with 75% of your best Deadlift – (of course, lesson the percentage with any loss of speed right at 75%).
- *If your bodyweight is fluctuating a lot this will affect your broad jump. Be mindful of it and feel free to use the scale for more control in this little “experiment” – especially all of you BCCCers!
- If for any reason you peak ABOVE your best Broad Jump two weeks in a row, AND you complete 8 singles at 90% of your best Deadlift, you will raise the percentage you complete for singles to 92%.
- Calculators will be provided and we will most likely be doing this for two more cycles – it’ll get easier as we all get used to it!
- We’ll use your progress in Peak Week to see how this is working for everyone. We’re excited to see how it goes! The CrossFit Total is October 21st – if you haven’t signed up for a time slot yet you definitely should! For more details on what the CrossFit Total is, check out this video!
METABOLIC CONDITIONING: 1k Row, Time Trial.