CROSSFIT ENDURANCE, with Liz, 630am.
ONE HOUR OLY with Sammy, 12-1pm, 6-7pm, 7-8pm, 8-9pm.
WORKOUT OF THE DAY:
SELF MYOFASCIAL RELEASE: Foam Roll – 3 minutes. Lax Ball – 3 minutes.
DYNAMIC WARM-UP: Turkish Get Up Skill Work. Review the Lift and then, if you’re experienced with it, feel free to work up to something that feels a little heavy. If you’re new to the lift, just practice! 5 minutes.
ACTIVATION: Broad Jump, 5 attempts at a peak of 1. Measure carefully, this peak will determine what you do for the STRENGTH portion of today.
STRENGTH: Deadlift – BASED entirely on your Broad Jump, and will be for the REST of the cycle until PEAK WEEK.
- If you jump ANYWHERE ABOVE your best Broad Jump – you will complete 6-8 singles at 92% of your best Deadlift (of course, lesson the percentage with any loss of speed right at 92%).
- If you jump between 95-100% of your best Broad Jump – you will attempt to complete 4-6 sets of triples with 88% of your best Deadlift (of course, lesson the percentage with any loss of speed right at 88%).
- If you jump less than 95%, you will complete 3-4 sets of 5 with 78% of your best Deadlift – (of course, lesson the percentage with any loss of speed right at 78%).
- *If your bodyweight is fluctuating a lot this will affect your broad jump. Be mindful of it and feel free to use the scale for more control in this little “experiment”.
- If for any reason you peak ABOVE your best Broad Jump two weeks in a row, AND you complete 8 singles at 92% of your best Deadlift, you will raise the percentage you complete for singles to 94%.
- A NEW PROVISION: if you have successfully completed all the reps possible in the past week and then test to complete the SAME weight and rep range again. Raise the loads by 2%.
- *Calculators will be provided and we will most likely be doing this for two more cycles – it’ll get easier as we all get used to it!
- We’ll use your progress in Peak Week to see how this is working for everyone.
AMRAP in 10 minutes: 1 HEAVY Kettlebell (MUST be a kettlebell or dumbbell) Turkish Get Up (you pick your weight but this load should be pretty challenging – 1 rep = Left AND Right), 5 Handstand Push-ups (may be kipped).
*if you do not have HSPU, complete 5 perfect push-ups, OR, strict press your kettlebell or dumbbell 5 times on each side.